Thursday 14 March 2013

李白 飛流直下三千尺, 疑是银河落九天。 Straight down three thousand feet the white spraying torrent does run

【望廬山瀑布】    唐 • 李白  
             
日照香爐生紫烟,    

遥看瀑布挂前川。 
飛流直下三千尺,    
疑是银河落九天。

WANG LU SHAN PU BU 
("Admiring the Waterfall at Lu Mountain") 
-- by Li Bai (701-762)-- Translated by Frank C Yue

Purple mists rise from the Incense Burner Peak in the sun;       
The waterfall seems to hang above the stream, seen from far'way.
Straight down three thousand feet the white spraying torrent does run.
Descending from Ninth Heaven, could this be the Milky Way?

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem, I was told about it from a friend they pointed me in this direction after I found a seal with some of this poem on it! I wanted to see the rest of it! So glad I found someone to translate it for me! Also wish I knew the origin of the seal I found now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know why it keeps posting the same post over and over but I apologize for that 😬

    ReplyDelete